Friday, May 22, 2009

Ringing the Bell

As I left the Cancer Care Center yesterday, I got lots of hugs and got to ring the bell 3 times -because this is my LAST CHEMO TREATMENT! It's not quite over yet, I still have 24 hours and 2 minutes of infusion and 3 g-shots to go. (the blue dilly bob is for the tubing to hook into for the infusion pump to send those chemicals directly into my heart to be instantaneously distributed into my system. Another good (for me) is that the Dr. dropped one of the chemicals from the regimen. It causes nurapathy in the nerves of hands and feet and mine is getting quite interesting as now the palms of my hands are tingling and etc etc etc. So I am happy to not have one more dose of that drug! Even though Penny (the nurse who took my photo) cut off the top of my head- she is short - you can see that I still have sufficient hair and a smile!

I am very grateful for the prayers and love and hugs sent my way. I have been extremely blessed. I have for the most part felt good and haven't been sick. My side effects have been manageable and I am thankful for that too! I am thankful to be almost done with chemo-therepy and I am not planning to ever do it again!

6 comments:

acandiedapple said...

You have had the best attitude throughout the whole thing. I love it. You are such an inspiration.

Kim Davis said...

Amen... Last Chemo EVER!

Jeremy Price said...

We are so happy for you and so thankful for your great example to all of us. We hope and pray for your continued health.

James and Jessi McCalvy said...

Hooray Hooray Hooray Hooray - ALL DONE! Love you!

Unknown said...

I am so happy you are almost done with your journey. You look beautiful in your picture! Thank you for sharing!

Sarah said...

I am so. happy. for you! No more chemo!