Thursday, June 24, 2010

Still back in early JUNE!

Still on my Utah trip - on Saturday we got to go to a baby shower for my niece. It was so nice to visit with my sister and nieces and nephews and to see how adorable, handsome and cute the grand nieces and nephews are. How blessed we are to have a beautiful family like this! Barbara and her Utah girls.
Then Jessi, James and I went up American Fork canyon to this beautiful little reservoir - intending to take a little hike up to a lake. Jessi pointed out this beautiful daffodil peeking out from under some shrub against the trail.

This was basically the first warm day of the season and the creek had turned into a raging, roaring, feisty, over flow the banks torrent. By the time it flowed into the reservoir, the stream was a nice chocolate brown color.
James is standing where we were to ford the stream for the last uphill part of the hike. NO WAY JOSE! I couldn't have leaped those rocks. I would have been a very wet mama. So this was the end of the trail and we turned around and enjoyed the scenery as we meandered back down the trail.
We meandered back down the canyon and out for dinner to enjoy a great day together.

2 comments:

James and Jessi McCalvy said...

That was Silver Lake Flats Reservoir and we were on our way to Silver Lake. Sad we didn't make it this time, but it'll be an adventure for another day! I'm so glad you came to visit!

Simpson Home said...

Thank goodness for Jessi- I only forgot the name of the lake and resevoir. I could get lost! Thanks Jessi- I was hoping you would give me the correct names of places we visit.