Sunday, October 31, 2010

That spooky time of the year

Since Halloween is on Sunday this year, we did the Saturday 3 ward "trunk and treat". We had Kurt's 3 and went with Kim & Deven. I don't have photo's of the other 7 -yet. Hopefully next year we'll have them all together and that will be an event to look forward too.
We were given some great big pumpkins so the kids and I spent part of the morning cleaning out and carving. Didn't they draw some great faces for their pumpkins?

McKayla and Kurt were adorable zombies - so when I wanted to take Jake and Ellie's photo- I said "Hold Hands" and they stuck their hands out in front - just like the zombies. I shepherded Jake and Ellie. They were so funny. Jake got into it and would skip his happy way to the next candy bowl. He had to hold his bag himself and got the straps all tangled up. People managed to tuck candy in his bag anyway. He even managed to say "shank ewe" Ellie would give the "who do you think you are?" stare and walk backwards away from the cars. Normally she chatters a lot, but she was a silent princess this time. People thought they were so cute, they got lots of candy.

And this is what kids waiting and waiting look like. - By the way - our afternoon activity was to make the great bags for candy. We used big paper sacks and stapled heavy duty handles on. Then the kids decorated- lots of glitter. The house is chaos at times but the fun makes it worth the effort. We pray that our little ones are great friends all through their lives as they have some pretty great adventures now.
I've never gone to the trunk and treat before. Our kids were grown before that tradition started. I had a lot of fun with this one. It solves the "what do we do when Halloween is on Sunday" delema. The kids got lots of candy, we saw lots of people we love and like and some really great costumes. (headless horseman) We were home at an early hour and today, Sunday has been a really wonderful day.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

acandiedapple said...

I'm really impressed! They look adorable. I love that for the picture of McKayla and Carter you typed McKayla and Kurt because I totally think he looks like Kurt every time I see him.

Simpson Home said...

Yeah, ooops. I just noticed that and was going to edit when I saw your comment. So this once, I'll leave it.

James and Jessi McCalvy said...

Ha Ha! I was going to tell you that you got Kurt and Carter mixed-up, but Cami beat me to it. They're all so cute and all so grown up. I'll bet Trunk-or-Treat was a lot of fun!