Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Another "stuff" I've made post.

When I visited Jessi earlier this month, we walked to a shop that had some Maruca Design bags.
http://www.marucadesign.com/maruca4/maruca2/spring12/index.spring.htm I love the shapes and designs, I am just not wild and crazy about brocade fabrics. I'm more of a homespun kind of gal.
And I really needed a new bag for spring that holds just the necessities. Wallet, camera, checkbook, phone, lip gloss. So I traveled to Wall-mart and found this off the shelf fabric.
Back side (above) Front side (below)
pocket on the inside. I loved how it turned out- but it is just a bit small. (couldn't get the check book in) So I tried again.
This is the same basic bag, except I got my two pockets slanting from the same side. I stitched the black pocket so it is actually two pockets- better to hold the phone.
Same lining, and this one holds all my stuff. Jessi said: "send a photo, have Ellie model" sofirst she held it back side to the front (the little yellow is a button) Then I asked her to turn the purse so I could get the front. She turned her whole body.
She told me that she likes my new purse. And I got two projects from 1/2 yard of fabric and 1/2 yard of lining fabric. The first bag will be a birthday gift.

No comments: