Sunday, October 12, 2008

i am thankful for

I am thankful for:) A husband who will get up and nurture a hurting wife, give her a blessing and take her to the emergency room to get help :) Medical doctors and nurses and technicians who not only know their stuff, but are kind and give warm blankets when you are cold :) A SiL and Daughter who will drop everything to be with me and wait for results from the tests :) for other daughters who take in each others children so I won't be alone, even though I am OUT like a LIGHT :) For Kristen holding my hand as I came out of anesthesia :) for Kurt and Kristen to be there when the Dr. comes to hear the results:) for my sweet grand children who give me hugs and loves and make wonderful cards and pictures for me :) For nurses and CNA's who did their best to make me comfortable and not hurt or throw-up as much :) That i can breathe :) For visitors who brought flowers and cards and sweet voices and love and prayers :) For daughters -and this includes Carlee and Maria who nurture me and see that I get enough rest and pain medicine :) That Jed was available to be there to talk to the Dr. when the pathology results came in :) For Kurt to sacrifice his computer so we could have it in the hospital room :) For chapstick and lotion -thanks Kristen :) For Flowers :) For phone calls & emails :) to be home:) to be able to be off pain meds :) for the morning I woke up feeling whole -I can't explain it- I still have the surgery to heal from, but i felt whole- I could roll to the side with out squinching in pain :) For my sweet family who nurture and take good care of me and are so understanding :) for my husband who helps me take care of the stinky bag and sees to my needs and wants :) and most especially for my Savior who I know has suffered worse than I ever will and who loves me and will help me endure what ever comes next. :) and for all the blessings I can't sit up straight enough to list at this time.

5 comments:

Erin Larsen said...

aunt kathy im so glad you are doing better. I miss all you guys and our prayers are with you. Love ya Erin

Cindy said...

You have been in our thoughts daily! I am so glad to hear that you are home and off the pain meds! You sure have great kids and how wonderful that they are so close that they can be with you every step of the way! Take care and keep healing! We love you! Cindy and family

Kim Davis said...

And I am thankful for a sweet loving mother who can't help but tell us how beautiful we are every time we enter the room! It is a little strange to say that it has been a joy taking my turn in taking care of you. It is you that has always taken care of my family and me so it has been nice to be able to return the favor (well at least start to :))

Sarah said...

I am so glad to hear you're home and healing so well. We've been thinking of you.

Dwayne and Heather said...

I am so happy to hear how well you are healing, you are in my thoughts and prayers during your upcoming chemo. Love you!
Heather