Sunday, December 21, 2008

...O Christmas Tree, how beautiful are your branches...


I am thankful for Christmas trees. Even sitting here at the computer I can see the reflection in the window and it makes me feel good. We didn't go up into the mountains this year (no snow) and Kristen & Clay were managing 3 lots, Kurt and Carlee doing the lot in Star, so we have a beautiful tree. Best of all, the grandkids did a wonderful job putting the ornaments on- I did have to rearrange a few, they all can't be on one branch or 3 feet and lower. I think I'll leave the tree up until the middle or end of January -just to enjoy it. This is Jake- some day he'll ask why he is looking like a girl, but this was in the drawer when he needed a dry sleeper. At 6 months he is sitting up by himself and has a smile that melts your heart.

2 comments:

TGS said...

So cute of a little boy and I am glad you clarified that! I thought at first, what a beautiful little girl. Kyt still gets called a boy, even with the earrings...no hope for her..

James and Jessi McCalvy said...

I am grateful for Christmas trees too! I think we have G&G convinced to come w/us to your house between Christmas and New Years. I'll keep you posted.