Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Foot Fetish???

One of the side effects of the chemo drugs I get is that the nerves of hands and feet get really sensitive to cold. And it's cumulative. So for the past month my toes and feet have been tingling- when they are warm, it's like they are on the verge of going to sleep - when they get cool - it's like the beginning of pins and needles. Cold hurts - so I don't get them cold. I am not complaining - it's just weird to wake in the middle of the night and feel like your toes are in a force field of different feeling. Because they feel different, I am constantly aware of them. I hope that I do not get even more klutzy because of them. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for normal-ness to return. I wonder if this feeling is what diabetics feel when they loose feeling in their feet because of poor circulation. I now have some empathy. I am thankful for feet and aren't those chubby little baby feet adorable?

2 comments:

James and Jessi McCalvy said...

I love your little circle of feet - what wonderful, adorable grandkids you have!

Sarah said...

Oh, that's too cute. It's not just the feet - it's also those chubby baby hands in the upper left-hand corner. Makes me want to "squee!"

Sorry about the sensitivity - sounds uncomfortable. I hate the feeling when your feet try to get feeling back after going to sleep. I wonder if that feeling's comparable? Not painful, but not comfortable.