Monday, May 3, 2010

April Showers bring May flowers

The kids and I were sitting a the computer on April 27th when suddenly the sky errupted and hurled hail stones amid lightening and thunder. It was exciting. The kids wanted to go outside and play in the "snow", but with the thunder, we kept them in. I remembered my baby tomatoe and green pepper starts out side and ran to rescue them. It was coming down so hard that a hail stone bruised my hand where it hit. Pelted is the word. Deven rescued my plants.

If you look close at the green pepper leaf closest to the right, you can see where the hail shreded the leaf and put holes in it. Ahhh spring weather is so exciting.

2 comments:

TGS said...

Ouch! I hope it didn't do damage to your car. Sometimes we get them here in TUcson and it will dent car roofs and hood. No fun for insurance companies I'm sure.

James and Jessi McCalvy said...

Ha ha! You didn't tell me that DEVEN finally rescued your plants! I assumed that you did it!