Wednesday, September 24, 2008

No Earwigs!

As I was getting ready for work yesterday, I glanced out the sliding glass doors and saw a whole covey of quail (bobwhite) moving from the neighbors though our corner into the other neighbors. There are at least 15 in this photo and there were lots more in the area. It is such an amazing thing to watch them as they parade along the edges of the yard. It just makes me smile. I have seen them in the yard other times this summer; all of the volunteer tomatoe plants must give them shelter & hopefully food, but best of all, we have had almost no earwigs this summer. Do you think the quail have something to do with it? We are thankful anyway.

1 comment:

Kim Davis said...

Hooray for no earwigs! Thanks for all the effort you guys put into your 1 acre so we ALL can enjoy it. If only I could get my kids to play outside like when they are visiting you!