Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wednesday night at the Park

One of Emma's friends had a turtle at the park on Wednesday night. The turtle is named "Shelly" and really likes to walk in the grass. It's a pretty mellow turtle because Carter, Tyler, Emma and Aspen all took the opportunity to touch/hold the turtle. It's skin is soft where it goes into the shell. I am thankful for the incredible creations God created to make this world so interesting.
Thankful blessing from Monday- Gil got home safely from backpacking with his brothers. It was after dark, so even though I pretended not to wonder where he was, I was awfully glad when he drove in- with a baggy full of fresh lake trout and whiskers on his face. They had stopped at Kirkham Hot Springs so he was feeling tired and happy to be home. (No photo- the camera battery was dead- next time) I am thankful for my sweet man who is the best ever. Emma, McKayla, Bree, Christy, Aspen and Anniva are happy he is here too.
Arn and Leisha and Anniva were in town for the week and we got to have a picnic in the park with them. What fun to see the cute little ones play and play and visit. Arn is wonderfully good about sharing the arabic language he is learning, but can't say much about work -except he works hard. The lucky family are headed to Seattle for a Bjorn family get-together and blessing of little Peter. How blessed we are to have a nephew that calls from GEORGIA and says "Hi AUNT KATHY- How are you doing? Can we get together?" Love you Arn
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kristen Doty said...

Mom - I love the picture of Aspen and I. I need copy's!!! how fast you are at posting. I'm impressed!!!