Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful day 22

See where the model is laying? I was coming from the library and just like a cartoon character...

caught my toe on the raised concrete and lost my balance. I an sure my legs windmilled around and around as my upper body (in slow motion) adjusted lower and lower toward the pavement. I lost all the stuff I was carrying and wound up, just like Hannah on my face. Fortunately no one else was in the vicinity and no one saw me. After I gradually gathered my senses around me, I got into the car and realized that I was OK. I didn't even bruise. I am thankful my klutzy fall was not serious.


And I am thankful for a close library.
I went in the next day and told the librarian that the sidewalk was unsafe. The next time I went by, they had spray painted bright orange the strip where the pavement is uneven. That should catch my eye next time I am focused on where I am headed, not on my feet!


"Any artist should be grateful for a naive grace which puts him
beyond the need to reason elaborately."
Saul Bello

Posted by Picasa

No comments: