Monday, November 11, 2019

Nov 10, 2019 Sunday

I love Sunday.  I wake up thinking YES! It's Sunday.  Today Gil and I went to tithing settlement.  I am so grateful that we have income and the ability to pay tithing.  I am grateful our tithes and offerings are able to help the church build and maintain and provide materials. I am grateful that we can give monetary offerings to help those in need - often without knowledge of who needs the offerings.  I am grateful for the humanitarian programs to help all over the world.  I am grateful for our testimonies and the light of Christ that shines in our lives.
Bishop Smith shared this (from a training by Elder Anderson this summer) showing how our testimony (light) guides our children, how we hope they gain a testimony of their own. How couples together need to seek revelation together and how we each need to have our own testimony also to rely on.  The first quote from President Nelson: "In coming days it will not be possible to survive Spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting influence of the Holy Ghost.  I plead with you to increase your spiritual capacity to receive revelation." the closing quote by Heber C Kimball says: " To meet the difficulties that are coming, it will be necessary for you to have a knowledge off the truth of this work for yourself.  The difficulties will be of such a character that the man or woman who does not possess his personal knowledge or witness will fall... The time will come when no man or woman will be able to stand on borrowed light."

No comments: